Deadline: 22 January 2017
Open to: nationals of developing countries or non-space-faring nations
Fellowship: Two to three years fellowship residence program taken in Kitakyushu, Japan with 1,400 USD per month for the duration
Applications are invited for United Nations/Japan Long-term Fellowship Programme to pursue postgraduate programme. Fellowship is awarded to nationals of developing countries or non-space-faring nations. The fellowship is available for pursuing postgraduate study and awarded on Nano-Satellite Technologies.
Every year this “Post-graduate study on Nano-Satellite Technologies (PNST)” Fellowship Programme will accept up to two students in the Master’s course (2 years duration) and up to four students in the Doctorate course (3 years duration). The United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) is the United Nations office responsible for promoting international cooperation in the peaceful uses of outer space. UNOOSA serves as the secretariat for the General Assembly’s only committee dealing exclusively with international cooperation in the peaceful uses of outer space: the United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (COPUOS).
Be nationals of developing countries or non-space-faring nations (countries without an established substantial capability to develop space technology/launch space objects);
- Be duly nominated by their institutions;
- Be born on or after 2 April 1982;
- Have the academic and professional background required by the specific fellowship program;
- Candidates seeking a Master degree are expected to have completed studies ending with a Bachelor Degree or equivalent (4-year university degree) in engineering-related subjects;
- Candidates seeking a Doctorate degree are expected to have completed studies ending with a Master Degree or equivalent (5 years university degree) in engineering-related subjects;
- Degrees in different technological fields can be considered by the Doctor Commission;
- Be able to make professional use of the experience gained in the fellowship program.
- The selected candidates will each receive a grant under Japanese government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) scholarship (Research Students) of about 1,400 USD per month for the duration of their fellowship study (2 or 3 years) to cover housing, food, local transportation, and other expenses (actual scholarship amount is subject to change);
- Each candidate will be provided, according to his/her itinerary and route as designated by MEXT, an economy class air ticket between an international airport in the country of his/her nationality and Narita International Airport or Fukuoka International Airport. Fees for matriculation, tuition and entrance examinations will be paid by Kyutech.
How to apply
Before submitting the completed application documents through the online upload-form, please first complete the electronic registration form.
After registering for PNST you will receive a confirmation email with the web address where you will download the .doc-versions of the application forms. Application Form (.pdf)
For more information, please visit the official website.
Si vous avez quelques points qui ne sont pas claires, vous pouvez poser votre question sur notre forum de discussion. Poser une question
N'oubliez pas de mentionner mina7 lors de votre candidature.