Deadline: 15 January 2017
Open to: applicants from developing countries with a first, higher education qualification (Bachelor’s Degree) in Geography or a related / comparable professionally certified study programme
Scholarship: eight fully funded scholarships will be granted
The University of Bonn and the United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) are offering up to eight fully funded scholarships for developing countries. These scholarships are available for pursuing Joint Master of Science (M.Sc.) programme “Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security.”
The ultimate goal of the scholarship is to foster intercultural exchange and enable the students to contribute to the sustainable development of their home countries by applying the knowledge they acquired during the study program.
- Applicants must possess a first, higher education qualification (Bachelor’s Degree) in Geography or a related / comparable professionally certified study programme with accumulated at least 100 ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) within courses related to the three following areas: Human Geography and Social Sciences with a focus on spatial patterns, society, development; Science methodology and empirical research methods; Physical Geography, Geosciences and Environmental Sciences with a focus on Earth System Science;
- A strong motivation to contribute to the area of Human Security and management of risks related to Environmental Change is a pre-requisite to study in this Master’s Programme;
- Being a candidate from a “Developing Country” (according to the classification of the DAAD);
- Having at least two years of practical work experience (e.g. with an NGO, GO, or the private sector) in a field related to the study programme.
Eight fully funded scholarships to students from developing countries for the Joint Master of Science (M.Sc.) programme “Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security” will be granted.
How to Apply?
A completed application packet consists of the following documents:
- Completed and signed application form;
A signed Résumé/CV: including a chronological listing of employment and other significant activities must be submitted with any application;
Official transcripts: an official transcript from each college or university in which they were enrolled for any period of time, showing all courses, grades and degrees received;
- Letter of motivation;
- For non-native English speakers or applicants where English is not the official language, an English language proficiency certificate;
- The copy of Bachelor Thesis or academic essay written as part of the fulfilment of the first degree (preferably in English) and other relevant documents supporting the application.
All documents must be scanned and sent together as one single PDF file.
For more information please visit the official website.
Si vous avez quelques points qui ne sont pas claires, vous pouvez poser votre question sur notre forum de discussion. Poser une question
N'oubliez pas de mentionner mina7 lors de votre candidature.