Deadline: 16 January 2017
Open to: candidates within one or two years of completing their L.L.M., J.D., or equivalent degree in law
Venue: 10-12 weeks/ between May and October 2017
The IMF’s Legal Department in Washington is seeking applications for a summer intern position as part of the 2017 Fund Internship Program. The duration of the internship will be 10-12 weeks, which will be undertaken sometime between May and October 2017.
The selected candidate will work in one of the units of the Legal Department under the supervision and guidance of a senior member of the unit. Projects assigned (which differ from year to year) will be determined at a time closer to the start of the internship to ensure that they are directly aligned with the department’s work program and, to the extent possible, with the interests of the intern. Research covers a broad spectrum of legal issues as the examples below from previous years illustrate:
- Analysis of the legal framework for capital controls under the European Economic Area;
- Research on the insolvency of non bank financial institutions;
- Research on the legal mandate of the IMF in financial regulation;
- Cross-country comparisons of effectiveness of AML/CFT efforts.
- Be within one or two years of completing their L.L.M., J.D., or equivalent degree in law;
- Be in student status, i.e., must be returning to university after their internship;
- Should normally not exceed 32 years of age;
- Have an excellent command of English (both written and oral);
- Possess strong quantitative and computer skills;
- The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including gender, nationality, culture and educational background.
- The duration of the internship is 10-12 weeks;
Will be undertaken sometime between May and October 2017 (the actual period of the internship will be agreed between the department and the successful candidate);
- It is a paid trainee position.
How to apply?
All applications will be acknowledged, but only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Applicants must attach the following to their job applications to be eligible:
- CV or Résumé;
- University transcript;
- Two academic reference letters.
For more information please visit the official website.
Si vous avez quelques points qui ne sont pas claires, vous pouvez poser votre question sur notre forum de discussion. Poser une question
N'oubliez pas de mentionner mina7 lors de votre candidature.